As Elizabeth Ramirez often says, “we enjoy the challenge of ensuring that the customer’s art, photographs, needlework, watercolors, sports memorabilia, antique prints or whatever is protected as well as being appropriately displayed. Every piece is special.”
Wimsey Cove is located in Edgewater, South Anne Arundel County MD just 2/10ths of a mile south of Mayo Road across from the old Giant Food just south of Annapolis, Maryland.
Local Maryland artists and photographers have limited edition prints on display at Wimsey Cove to purchase and frame.
The owner, Elizabeth Ramirez, a watercolor artist, has 20 years in the picture frame industry as well as a B.A. in Studio Art and a minor in Photography, from Rivier College in New Hampshire. Elizabeth has also taught arts and crafts in summer camps and given short courses in various framing techniques.
She strives to provide a friendly, family-oriented shop where we can work together to find the art and/or frames that fit your décor while focusing on fine art, original photography, original etchings, and reproductions of historic maps and prints.
Our friendly staff consists of highly educated artists and designers, with extensive knowledge of fine art, crafts and materials.
We carry a diverse selection of frames and mats to suit any home or office décor and utilize the latest framing techniques and styles. We will suggest the best ways to protect and enhance your artwork.
Wizard Computerized Mat Cutting – Almost any shape you would like can be cut.
Come in to see how! We can cut mats while you wait.
Full Service custom framing with fast turn around. Wide selection of mats, frames, glass, and various mountings including:
- Canvas Paintings
- Wedding Memorabilia
- Children’s Works
- Shrink Wrap
- Box Mounting
- Round & Oval Frames
- Wizard Computerized Mat Cutting – Almost any shape you would like can be cut come in to see how!
Conservation Framing (helps prevent the artwork from fading)
- UV clear glass
- UV Reflection Control glass
- Museum Glass
- Acid-Free, Lignin Free & 100% Cotton Rag Mat Board
- Conservation hinges (to attach the artwork to the Archival backing board)
- Archival backing board
- Archival paper (for back of the frame)
- Object Mounting
- Jerseys & T-Shirts
- Christening Gowns
- Sports Memorabilia
- Any Shape You Desire
Printing and Scanning Services
- Printing and Scanning up to 44 inches wide
- Photos, Paintings, etc.
- We print on fine art papers, photo papers and canvas.
- Call for prices and paper styles
Wimsey Cove Featured Artist – Katherine Carney
Katherine Carney is a painter who loves coastal life. She grew up on the coast of Rhode Island until she moved to the Eastern Shore of Maryland when she was eleven. Summers were spent playing with her Chesapeake Bay retriever, crabbing off the dock and sailing on the Tred Avon River. Living in the quiet town of Oxford, where her father was a marine biologist provided the perfect foundation for both her interest in marine life and her passion for art to thrive. Katherine attended the University of Maryland where she received a BS in Advertising Design
Having worked in advertising design, as well as painting decorative furniture, it wasn’t until early 2015 that Katherine finally decided to seriously listen to that little voice in her that called to her to return to painting on canvas.
Influenced by the scenes that surround her, Katherine’s subjects are varied, including landscapes, seascapes, shells, boats, botanicals, farms, and animals. Katherine recognizes she is a realist with an impressionistic view. She feels that less detail and more suggestion of, works best for her and gives her viewer a fresh perspective.
Other than painting, her hobbies include active sports like running, cycling, kayaking and of course – beaching. You can also find her husband, Lab Sophie and her, walking, exploring and enjoying the many Maryland and Delaware seashore parks.
Katherine is the winner of the 2016 Hospice Cup Poster Competition this March, and also received best in Houzz 2016 in January of 2016.
- Historic Maps
- Urban City Plan Maps
- Reproduction Historical Maps
- Shipwreck Maps
- Nautical Maps
- State District Maps (i.e. First District of Anne Arundel County is Edgewater, Davidsonville, and Birdsville Areas from 1878)
- Bird’s Eye Views of Cities and States (i.e. Bird’s Eye View of Annapolis from 1864)
Click here to see our digital map collection.
We Ship Nationwide – Call for Details after clicking to see our digital map collection.
About Our Picture Framing Services:
- We frame diplomas & certificates
- We mount and frame needlework, textiles & memorabilia
- We use conservation mats & glass to protect your art
- We mat & frame work for exhibits
- We have eco-friendly frames, round & oval frames
- We do shadow boxes, dry and box mounting
- We have custom mirrors
- We have special pricing for K-12 artists
- We do framing demonstrations for classes & clubs
- We have the largest frames and mats collection
- Military Discounts
- We beat or meet our competitors’ pricing
- Bulk & Corporate Pricing available
The next time you need art, photos or memorabilia framed, shadow boxed, or displayed,
call 410-956-7278 or email us first!
• Same Day or Next Day Service Available •
Interactive Frame Studio
Wimsey Cove Framing & Art and Wimsey Cove Maps & Art are both actively involved in these organizations:
Wimsey Cove Framing and Art proudly serves the following communities in Anne Arundel County MD:
Annapolis, Annapolis Junction, Arnold, Brooklyn, BWI Airport, Churchton, Crofton, Crownsville, Curtis Bay, Davidsonville, Deale, Dunkirk, Eastport, Edgewater, Fort Meade, Friendship, Galesville, Gambrills, Gibson Island, Glen Burnie, Hanover, Harmons, Harwood, Jessup, Laurel, Linthicum Heights, Lothian, Mayo, Millersville, Naval Academy, North Beach, Odenton, Owings, Pasadena, Riva, Shady Side, Severn, Severna Park, Sherwood Forest, Tracys Landing, and West River.